meme

I've been tagged! In turn, I tag (if y'all do this sort of thing) Menjaran, Peterson and Feverdog.

1. What were you doing ten years ago?

1997 - I was an acne-riddled seventh-grader, in a fairly large and anonymous middle school, and hating every minute of it-- I lost track of most of my friends, my grades were dropping, and I was being teased for being smart, ugly, and reading "too much."

My mom had recently given birth to my youngest sister Aelgifu, who is now five feet tall-- up to my chin-- and wears a bigger shoe size than I do. How time does pass.


2. What were you doing one year ago?

Finishing my senior year of college, wracking my nerves about asking Iris out on a date, and discovering a serious love of painting.


3. What are five snacks you enjoy?

Pepperjack cheese, tortilla chips and queso, air-popped popcorn with real melted butter (if nothing else, Homestyle Pop-Secret will do), the White Rabbit milk candy Bridget got me from China, and lima beans. Yes, lima beans.


4. What are five songs you know the lyrics to?

I usually play a new CD until I can sing the whole thing, at which point I get sick of it and listen to something else.


5. Five Things You Would Do If You Were A Millionaire

1. grad school
2. stay home and paint for a year
3. donate to every charity I've ever wanted to donate to
4. feed my savings account a bit / start some decent investments
5. put some away for my youngest sister's college tuition


6. Five Bad Habits

1. cuticle-picking (Nail-biting serves a purpose, since I keep them short anyway.)
2. dropping strings and threads and bits of craft material on my floor instead of throwing them away
3. drinking Coke way too near the keyboard
4. procrastinating
5. discouraging myself


7. Five Things You Like To Do

1. read: long, dense, cheesy paperback novels, constantly and often simultaneously
2. craft: jewelry, chainmail, rugs, reconstructed clothes, you name it. I have a pathological need to keep my hands busy. I hope to hell I never get arthritis.
3. art: illustration, fine, and comics. I draw a lot of cute girls in striped socks when I have nothing else I can think of, and I have a particular fondness for watercolors and oils.
4. sleep: late.
5. Internet: it's a verb if I say it is, dammit.


8. Five Things You Would Never Wear

1. Pink, orange, and yellow. Pink on principle, and orange or yellow because they make me look like I have liver disease.
2. Poofy things. I hate poof with an undying passion.
3. Stiletto heels. I like my ankles unbroken and my dignity intact.
4. Scratchy or itchy things. Cheap wool and crappy lace underwear would come to mind here.
5. Short skirts. Not that I ever wear skirts or dresses anyway, but I'm not wholly opposed to wearing them on special occasions. But if I have to sit down in a special way in order to avoid ripping the material or flashing the room, it's not an option.


9. Five Favorite Toys

Computer, fan brush, my Seal of Approval keychain, bubbles, and Silly Putty.


10. Five Things You Hate To Do

Pose for photographs, wake up early, wash dishes, clean up animal poo and/or vomit, and make small talk with strangers.

Labels: ,

thus saith Liadan at 7:05 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger titration saith at 10/13/2007 4:26 PM...  

Hey thanks for playing! I kindof like these things... I wish I had put scratchy things on my list of things I'd never wear. O and also it seems so far popcorn has been in nearly all the snack lists. mmmm popcorn.

Post a Comment